Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lucianna

Wow! It's sure been awhile since we last posted. Life for us has definitely been eventful over the last month, to say the least. While this month has presented some hardship and sadness, particularly for the Chandler family, it has also been a blessing in the sense that it has brought us close to our Heavenly Father, and has strengthened my testimony. As some of you may have known, my sister, Marni, was about 6 weeks behind me in her pregnancy. A couple weeks ago, at 23 weeks gestation, Marni went into labor and delivered a baby girl that weighed just over a pound and was named Lucianna. While little Luci was only here on earth for a couple days due to extreme prematurity, our family came to love her sweet little spirit and has felt so blessed to have her in our lives. Unfortunately, Adam and I weren't able to come out to Utah until after she had passed. But, we had the opportunity to be there for the graveside service. I was also able to help my mom sew a little dress for Luci and hold her in my arms, and I can't even begin to explain what a blessing and special moment that was for me. I was just so overwhelmed with love for her and my testimony grew ten fold that day as I pondered on the blessing of eternal families and the knowledge that one day Marni and Emilio will be able to be with their sweet Luci again. In the mean time, we are comforted in knowing that she is with our Heavenly Father, and that we have a perfect little angel watching over us. I love you Luci! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment