Yes, we've joined the club! We're finally having a mini Adam & Rachel! We are due June 23rd and couldn't be happier. One night, in the middle of a crazy semester, we were rushing around trying to get things done in the house and making dinner. It was not the ideal moment, but I had been feeling extremely emotional and tired lately, so I suddenly decided to take a pregnancy test. Sure enough, two pink lines appeared. I always imagined this romantic, tender moment where my husband and I would embrace... there would be lots of tears. Instead, I started laughing. I was in total shock and just couldn't believe it. Then Adam came inside from fixing the grill and was like "ARE YOU PREGNANT?!" The hugs and sheer joy came after that. :)
Needless to say, we are so excited for baby Hall to come! Here are a few highlights of my pregnancy thus far:
- Feeling tiny flutterings at around 12-13 weeks
- My mom's face when we announced our news
- Being hungry ALL THE TIME!
- Throwing up in the car on the way home right after my birthday dinner at 3 Margaritas
- Adam kissing my belly and pretending to be able to hear the baby's heartbeat-he's going to be such a great daddy!
- Having an excuse to sleep a lot
- Hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time
- Feeling so much love already for this little person I haven't even met yet!
I am still so nervous about the pregnancy, and even more nervous about becoming a mom. But I know the Lord will bless us in our journey as parents. I am so grateful for this opportunity to be a mother, and I can't wait to raise, teach, and love our little baby!