Thursday, March 4, 2010

Winter lament

Don't you ever just get a random craving to bask in the sunlight and read a book? Maybe jump in a cool swimming pool, then go for some ice cream? I do! Like, every day! Don't get me wrong, I really like snow, Christmas and now, thanks to my hubs, skiing. And it IS great living in Colorado because despite the cold weather, we seem to see the sun a ton, which makes for a less depressing winter. But come on, really? Winter seems to last forever! You feel all couped up inside, there's no swimming outside, playing on a sandy beach, eating ice cream (unless your crazy), biking, running through sprinklers, or just plain being lazy on a warm summer's day. Not to mention you slip on ice, some days at least I'm terrified to drive due to terrible road conditions, and your car is always dirty.
Craving summer now my friends? Yea, I thought so. Well, to brighten your day (and mine) there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know about Utah, but in Colorado the high is 53 degrees! Finally, some sun! Anyways, just thought I'd share my issues with winter by blogging, and express my passion and excitement for summer, which is just around the bend....well, more like 3 months away. :)
PS. Thanks to my adorable neice and cousin for the cute pic!

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. I NEED summer. Tomorrow is sunny so I am looking forward to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pic of the those two silly girls!
    Yes, I love sun too, not in July here, but it's wonderful in Mar.

    ReplyDelete